We are on our way! We will be traveling to Tirana, Albania, leaving Atlanta on Thursday, August 24. It’s hard to believe the time has already arrived. But God has proved Himself so faithful – and we are incredibly thankful for each of you who has felt led to partner with us through financial support and through your prayers.
These last few weeks have been a whirlwind! An international move involves quite a bit of preparation (not that we ever start early enough!). Our checklist this summer has included such things as:
- Sort, organize and pack all our household belongings for storage.
- Schedule physicals with our family doctor.
- Find a loving home for our cat.
- Forward mail to family members.
- Upgrade and unlock our phones for international usage.
- Buy things we know we’ll need for our new home in Tirana and can fit in six suitcases.
- Make sure our three children have any important documents they might need for the year.
- Close out accounts and utility bills.
- Prepare for classes and ministry at GDQ International Christian School.
- Spend as much time as possible with our family before leaving.
We are excited and looking forward to all God has in store for us in Albania, though it also feels like a daunting challenge. As we go, we are leaning hard into Jesus for needed strength, grace and wisdom for life and ministry in a new place. Thank you for going with us!